Inspired by Fall: Wedding Ideas for the Bride to Be
Published on: December 04, 2018 Blog
Ah, fall – pumpkin spice, lots of brightly-colored leaves, crisp air, cozy blankets – so many things to love. From rich hues to unique flowers, fall weddings are a fantastic opportunity to embrace your personal style and creativity.
Check out these wedding planning ideas and get inspired by the beauty of fall for your upcoming celebration.
Your wedding dress is essential to pulling off your fall themed wedding. The good news – wedding dresses come in every color, style, and material. What details delight you? What accessories catch your eye?
Your fall wedding dress could feature:
- Long lace sleeves
- A champagne-colored underlay
- Detachable overskirt
Don’t forget about the weather this time of year. Consider wearing something from a beloved family member who is unable to attend. A leather jacket or mink shawl would be the perfect personal touch for your, “Something Borrowed.”
A Non-Traditional Color Theme
Fall colors don’t have to be yellows, oranges, and browns. Rich tones like jewel tones and diverse palettes like purple and burgundy can be just the color you need to accentuate your fall themed wedding day.
Purple may not be everyone’s favorite color, so including a darker shade or an accent color like gold can give everyone in the wedding party (and their families!) the freedom they need to choose a flattering color.
Incorporate these colors by:
- Wind ribbon in your favorite color through chairs at your ceremony or reception
- Twist two or three colors of tulle from your color palette then add strands of twinkle lights to hang across the front of the main reception table for a pop of color
- Have your wedding party incorporate the color in their shoes, suspenders, and hair pieces
Flowers are a wonderful way to express yourself at your wedding, especially during the fall season. They offer so much versatility, shapes, and sizes.
Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Create bouquets from wildflowers specific to Kansas or the area where you will live after the wedding. Tie them together with a bit of twine or lace
- Add unique items to your floral arrangements such as pears, pomegranates, or pinecones
- A floor-length cascade of flowers can be a striking feature to the ceremony that your guests will remember long after the wedding is over
The Menu Selection
Fall is a wonderful time to delight in food. From mulled cider to chocolate fountains, your wedding menu can be as elaborate or as casual as you are.
Try these delicious fall treats:
- Wow your guests with soup shooters: pumpkin soup, tomato bisque, or other vegetable purees make excellent choices
- Sit down to your favorite Thanksgiving dishes at your reception and your guests will feel like they’re part of the family
- End your meal with mini pumpkin pies topped with whipped cream is sure to be a favorite
One of the most important decisions to make after your engagement is selecting a venue. You want a venue that is convenient, flexible, and easily transform into your fall wedding vision.
For a seamless experience, consider The Historic Post Office, set amid a historic and romantic backdrop in charming downtown Ottawa, Kansas. This venue has everything you need – including an old bank safe turned coat closet and private suites for the bride and groom.
For your wedding, we’ll provide a helpful wedding coordinator and day of personal attendant to make sure your day is flawless and truly an unforgettable experience.
Here are a few ideas to decorate the venue space:
- Bring a touch of fall inside by placing fall foliage and lanterns along the edges of the aisle
- Create photo boards by using rustic, rough-sawn pine logs as the frames or use rustic logs to create easels to hold your boards
- For table décor, use tealights and cherries, apples, and juniper in large vases
Schedule a Tour Today!
Regardless of the unique ideas you have for your wedding, The Historic Post Office is happy to help you bring your inspired fall wedding ideas to life. A memorable event begins with an unforgettable venue. See it today. Remember it always.